Monday, June 7, 2021

Wearing a Mask Has (Had?) Benefits


The days of wearing a mask are numbered, and while it took me some time to get used to this lifestyle change for over a year, there were definitely some good reasons for wearing one.  Don't you think?

I admit, at times I felt like I couldn't catch my breath while talking and teaching all day, through a mask. Walking up stairs were particularly hard. Trying to sip a drink through a straw was so tough, I avoided it. Getting lipstick, lip gloss or makeup on my mask was annoying. I tried to avoid that too. 

BUT. There were times when wearing a mask wasn't so bad. Here are 10 reasons why wearing a face covering has benefits.
  1. A mask is like a shield when you don't want to face the world.
  2. It was great to cover a pimple!
  3. You had to focus on people's eyes, and you can tell A LOT by someone's eyes.
  4. It covered up bad breath (!).
  5. I loved that waiters and waitresses had to wear them. It meant no one could breathe, cough or sneeze on my food. I think this should still be required even after COVID.
  6. A mask was great when you didn't want to wear makeup.
  7. It was kind of fun to accessorize an outfit with a matching mask.
  8. Masks are great when you're in confined places like trains, planes and buses. It gives me some sense of security against germs. 
  9. They help keep your face warm in the winter. 
  10. Masks helped to block unpleasant smells like cigarette smoke and other odors.
I think I may hang onto a few of mine. They may come in handy. 

No comments: