Monday, May 19, 2014

Powerful Precepts

I mentioned in a previous blog that my students and I are reading the novel, Wonder. Throughout the pages of this inspirational book are many precepts, or important "rules" to live by.  One of my favorites is:

"When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind."  
—Dr. Wayne Dyer

As a culminating project, students had to find a precept, illustrate it, write about what it means to them, and explain how the world would be different if everyone followed this rule.

I was quite impressed with the projects and how my kids  interpreted their precepts. Below are just some examples of the precepts they chose to write about.




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favourite one is the one from messi and the only person you should try to be better that is the person you were yesterday .

In the ones you used pencil you couldn't see it well so in future you should make things clear , otherwise everything was amazing



thanks .