Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Where Are You?!


What is up with this weather in the A-T-L? 

One minute it's sunny and beautiful and in the upper 70's. Then today it's a high of 53 and a low of get this...35! I'm not liking this at all. This weather is a tease! How about we get things back to spring!

What a week it's been! I was doing the full-time working mommy thing on double duty as The Hubs was out of the country for a few days. Thankfully we survived despite one day of staying home due to asthma issues with Buddy Roller. Once he was feeling better, it was my time to struggle through two days of feeling really bad with allergies getting the best of me. 

I couldn't be any happier it's Friday. My whole family is back together and I get a chance to recharge before another week of work. I haven't done this in a while, so here are three things I'm thankful for this week. 

One.  The Hubs brought home some delicious Jamaican food for dinner tonight. We had jerk chicken, oxtails, barbecue spare ribs, rice and peas, cabbage and fried plantains. It was sooo good! Two.  After dinner, The Way You Look Tonight was playing and The Hubs and I got to dance. We haven't done that in a while! And the sweetest part? Buddy Roller joined us and the three of us were dancing.  And finally, three. I received another letter from a student this week. It reads:


To: Mrs. Cooke,

You told us to write something positive to each other, but it's best to write to a teacher.  You are always in joy and have the best smile even when you're in a bad mood. You also try your best to get every student to pass the class and to have a good education.  You have a healthy life, you stay on the good side, and never fall down.  Last but not least, you are the greatest teacher because not only do you help children, but you help them for the real world.

From M.T.

I'm thankful. Life is not always perfect. My job isn't perfect.  People aren't always perfect.  But a wise person once told me you can always find the positive in anything or anyone. And I think that's a good rule to live by.

Happy weekend!

No comments: