Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Favorite Flowers

 

On Valentine's Day, long-stemmed red roses are the most popular flowers, but for me, gladiolus are my jam...

They are so elegant and beautiful. They come in a variety of colors, and this lover of nature could stare at them for minutes!

My son says they remind him of asparagus, and I can see why. The tips of these very tall flowers are similar to the tips of the green vegetable. I love gladiolus because they are exotic, and they remind me of the tropics.

This year, on Valentine's Day, the guys and I visited a local flower market with hundreds and hundreds of flowers to choose from. And while there were plenty of roses, in a rainbow of colors, I headed straight for the gladiolus.

Aside from these beauties, hydrangeas are my next favorite blooms.  What are your favorite flowers?

No comments: