Friday, March 6, 2015

That Friday Feeling



I read a recent blog post that said while most people celebrate Fridays, there wasn't much of that same sentiment for days Monday through Thursday. It makes sense. If you work really hard during the week, it's no wonder the thought of two days off brings much relief and anticipation. Just ask anyone around here at my school.  Walking through the hallway and greeting everyone, "Good morning, how are you?" You know what the answers were? "It's Friday! We made it through another week." It's true! These are the responses I got...just this morning.

This does, however, make me wonder why I'm wishing away most of my work week...and my life, essentially. Am I not living and fulfilling my purpose? Am I not using my talents wisely? This does bring me pause, and it's definitely something I need to revisit. Later.

But now back to that Friday feeling. 

There is something about Fridays. It's got that special feeling. A feeling of happiness and the idea that, no matter what happens today, I can survive because well...it is Friday!

Friday just has a way about her.  Take this morning for example. The fact that there was a kinda rare sighting of snow falling from the sky made it an even more magical Friday.


And ask this five-year old about Friday! Just because it's "Pajama Day" at his school makes it that more special.


And around here on Fridays...people are just  happier. But no matter what day of the work week it is...these girls make every day a special one.


Hope you're having a magical Friday in your neck of the woods!


I am. Happy weekend!

No comments: