Thursday, July 28, 2016

My Happy Place


What is the one place on earth that brings you the most happiness? For me, it's that place where, when you get there, you immediately start to smile, and all your worries and troubles just seem to fade away.  For me, that place is even happier when my family is there.  My happy place has always been the beach...







As I've mentioned in my last post, we've been on a staycation for most of our summer.  So imagine my gratitude for being able to escape with my family, for several days, to my happy place.  On our last day of vacation, at the beach, I remember just sitting on the shore watching and listening to the waves. I did so for several minutes, and in silence. I was at peace. There were no thoughts racing through my mind, no doubts, no fears, no conflict, no stress.  Just my mind...thought less. It was great because it hasn't been that way for some time.

And you know what? It's just what I needed. What my family needed. Time together, to laugh and play. At the beach. At my happy place.







And now, after a little rest, and a little vacay, I'm ready to go back to work. I'm looking forward to this upcoming year, and all the promises that come with a brand new school year!

No comments: