Saturday, May 19, 2018

When Love Is the Way

Image result for meghan and harry wedding

I have been eagerly awaiting this day! I set my alarm, and this morning I woke up super early to watch the fairy tale turned real life wedding of Harry and Meghan...




If you were one of the gabillion people watching like I was, maybe you can relate to this. Weren't you just overcome with glee and emotion as these two love birds stole several glances at each other? Their smiles and secret love language were just so tender. The way he looked at her. The way she looked at him! It truly does seem like a love that will last and stand the test of time. Body language says a lot, right? Just think back to Diana and Charles. There was none of that going on. That marriage seemed love-less from the start. But with Harry and Meghan, "love is the way."

Three things stood out for me on the newlyweds' special day. One, Bishop Michael Bruce Curry's message, "When love is the way," was very fitting and resonated with me. When love is the way, a divorced, bi-racial, ordinary American actress can fall in love and marry a prince. When love is the way, the non-traditional breaks tradition and makes everything possible. When love is the way, there is hope. There is promise.  I fully expect these two will continue to "change things up" and use their global platforms for positive change in the world.

Two. Stand by Me performed by The Kingdom Choir. Followed by Bishop Curry's sermon, this song, to me, reiterated Harry and Meghan's message of unity, coming together and bridging cultures, races, and differences. I believe these two will "stand by" each other, and this will be the theme of their marriage.

Three. Meghan's wedding dress. I may be in the minority on this, but I was, at first, surprised by her rather simple wedding dress. I fully expected her to make a bigger statement with her dress. Don't get me wrong. It was classic and elegant, but it was missing the wow factor for me. And her hair...I was really hoping she would have worn it down.  But that veil! Now. That. Was beautiful.

Image result for meghans veil

I can't help but do a little speculation here. Thinking back to Kate and William's wedding day, I thought Kate's dress was absolutely beautiful, and it definitely had that "royal" thing about it. But perhaps that is the point. Meghan continues to go away from tradition, paving her own way. I also wonder if it's possible that since Harry is sixth in line to the throne, his wedding was not only smaller than William's, but it's some weird royal protocol that Meghan couldn't upstage Kate (the future queen).

Image result for meghans second wedding dress

But the after wedding dress that Meghan wore. Now that is a dress. Simple yet elegant...but very wow!

Harry and Meghan, your wedding day was well worth the wait. It was beautiful, tender, and full of all the feels. May you both stand by each other and live happily ever after.

No comments: