Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Summer Reading 2018


Once upon a time, there was this woman who started a blog because it brought her so much joy. At first, she had sooo many ideas, and she wrote and wrote, and posted and posted. It was as if she would never run out of ideas. She had hefty goals to post regularly, even several times a week. When that didn't happen, it became more realistic to post once a week. Sadly, these days, even that's a stretch...


And so here we are!

I'm hoping to post a little bit more now that summer is here, and what better way to start...let's talk about books. Every summer I get to do what I love most, and that's...read. So far I've read these books...





Didn't realize I had a "marriage" thing going on...that was totally unplanned.

I'm currently reading this one, and I'm just about finished...


Earlier today, I was at my favorite place (the bookstore!) stalking the books I want to read. And this thought occurred to me....there are sooo many books I want to read, and it will take me more time than I have on this earth. I pray that God is aware of this, and there are plenty of books in heaven. Don't you feel the same way?

Anyway, here's what I plan to read this summer...

Image result for then she was gone




Image result for children of blood and bone

I also have my eye on this book...

Image result for quiet the power of introverts

This past year was a great one for reading. I was lucky enough to choose one good book after another.

Yes. There are times when I've made poor choices, but lately, not so much. Here are some of the books that have kept me up way past my bed time.

I got seriously lost in this sweet book. Two high school students, Eleanor and Park, who couldn't be more different, fall in love with each other. It is funny, awkward and thoughtful, and leaves me thinking about Eleanor long after I've closed the book for the night. Read it, and you'll see why.

Image result for eleanor and park

John Green's, Turtles All the Way Down, is another young adult novel. The main character, Aza, is trying to solve a mystery while discovering her first love, which by the way creates a conflict of interest and all this while battling some of her own personal issues. She also reminded me of some of my own OCD-ness which is rather interesting. 

Image result for turtles all the way down


This one made be ugly cry, and I so wish I could talk to someone about this because the ending...!!! The story goes like this. Two people meet and fall passionately in love when one of them decides to run off and pursue his own dreams. Over the years, and continents apart, they manage to keep in touch though each one has moved on to other relationships.  Then. The unthinkable happens. Choices after choices have to be made. And the ending...!!! You'll have to read and find out.

Image result for the light we lost



I could tell you about the rest, but if you're like me, you'll do your own research and read the ones that appeal to you. Here are several more to round out your reading plan for the summer. 

Image result for what we lose

Image result for the leavers


Image result for little fires everywhere

Image result for the lying game book

Image result for defending jacob

Image result for fish in a tree

Image result for wrinkle in time book

Image result for the great alone


Happy reading!

No comments: