Monday, June 18, 2018

Which Television Character Are You Most Like?

Image result for auli'i cravalho rise

Most recently, I got hooked on the TV show Rise...



Set in a high school, the show focused on a group of theater students, each facing their own struggles like fitting in, teenage pregnancy, divorce, "coming out" (just to name a few), all while coming together to star and perform in their school's musical Spring Awakening

Sadly, the series was cancelled after the first season, but the cast of characters was memorable to me. Especially Lillette Suarez, played by Moana's Auli'i Cravalho.  Though our circumstances are different....she was raised by a single mother, I was not - she was in theater, I was not....she reminds me a lot of myself when I was in high school. We were both diligent and conscientious, and we both fell in love with a popular school athlete.  I also connected with her because I, too, felt at times that I was "too different" and couldn't "fit in" with the crowd because of my background coming from Jamaica and growing up in a dysfunctional home, only to realize (like she did) that we are all fighting a battle, and the thing we think alienates us...is the very thing that unites us. 

Image result for charlotte i curse the day you were born
One of my favorite TV shows of all time is Sex and the City. For the longest time, I dreamed of having a group of girlfriends like Samantha, Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda!  These ladies always had a good time, they fiercely supported each other, and man could they dress up!


Image result for charlotte sex and the city

Of all the ladies, I'm definitely most like Charlotte.

This is Charlotte "trying" to put on her meanest face. If you're a fan of the show, then you already know this is the scene when she confronts Big after he leaves Carrie at the altar. Yup. She's fierce when she's standing up for her girlfriends (at least that's what she believes!).

Image result for charlotte i curse the day you were born

This is her "naive" look. Yes because sometimes Charlotte is a tad bit this way.

Image result for charlotte sex and the city

But mostly she's all about love, her family, being a good mom, and being kind. She is loyal to her husband, and she supports him always. And sometimes, like me, she gets in trouble for being a little too honest and speaking her mind. All in all, she's just a sweet girly-girl who has a big heart and tries to do the right thing.

Image result for charlotte and family sex and the city

So what about you...which TV character are you most like?

No comments: