Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Every Day

Mother's Day. 

Geez.  Sometimes I'm amazed I got this opportunity.  To be someone's mother. I remember the days I feared I couldn't even get pregnant. And now...look.  I just hope I'm doing a decent job raising a good citizen who will someday be someone's husband. Father. A great leader. Someone with integrity and self-respect. Someone with humility. And a heart to serve others. 



As I reflect on motherhood, I can't help but think of my own mother and all she did and sacrificed for me and my sister. I'm also reminded of my rebellious and emotional pubescent period. Wow. It must have taken a lot of love and patience to deal with me as a teenager. Sorry mom! Really.  I have so much respect for you and all moms. I really do.

As I look back on the last few days, I'm really thankful for my family. From these unexpected and thoughtful gifts...


Especially this gift in the little red box. It's still wowing me.  Really.  Thanks Hubs.

To the heartfelt handmade gifts from Buddy Roller (thank you to his teachers!), this Mother's Day has truly been special and memorable.


And you know what I'm really grateful for? The fact that I'm celebrated and appreciated not just on Mother's Day. My family does a pretty good job of doing that throughout the year.

A good friend of mine lost her mom last summer. She reminded me earlier today to be thankful for moms all the time. She's right. Moms need to be celebrated as much as possible. Not just once a year.

2 comments:

Jason Smith said...

Don't keep us guessing, what was in the box? Was it a puppy? A new fridge?

Chalkboard Memoirs said...

:-)