Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Making New Friends Midlife


I've written about friendships that last a reason, a season or a lifetime. What do you think about making new friends midlife?

In a recent Today show chat with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager, Maria Shriver said we should make new friends midlife.

Now that I'm in my (late!) forties, I couldn't agree more. I think it's great to add new friends who can give you fresh perspectives and introduce you to new ways of thinking, doing and living!

Think about it. If you've had the same friends since childhood...you've all probably had similar experiences while living in a cocoon of comfort and familiarity. But venturing out and adding a few new friends in your current season of life will only make you grow as a person. 

I think as people grow and change, the friends around us do as well. I think there's always room for a new friend or two, and let's be honest, sometimes it's not a bad idea to weed out friends who no longer serve a purpose, or who no longer add any value to our lives.  

To read more about my friendships over the years read this post and this one

No comments: