Sunday, February 14, 2021

Three Quotes


Three quotes have resonated with me in the last week. Can I share them with you?


The first one is from Chrissy Teigen. If you follow Chrissy on social media, you know that she and her family suffered a huge loss when she had a miscarriage recently. She wrote about the choice she made not to see her baby's face after she delivered him. She wrote, "I am so full of regret that I didn't look at his face when he was born. I was so scared of seeing him in my nightmares that I forgot about seeing him in my dreams. I hurt every day from that remorse." I found this quote both beautiful and heartbreaking, and it's stayed with me for several days. 

The second quote comes from Cup of Jo blogger, Joanna Goddard. In a recent blog, Jo wrote about the bitter sweet emotions that come with watching your children grow up. It's a sentiment I share with her, and I think she penned my feelings perfectly. She wrote, "As your children grow, those past versions of them fade away, and that brings a certain heartbreak. While we’re so, so lucky that they’re growing up, each year passing is both a gift and a theft." A gift and a theft. Yes, it really does feel that way.

As someone who loves to read, this final quote made me see reading through a different lens.  I never thought of it quite this way.  Jean Rhys said, "Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere." Isn't this so true?

What are some of your favorite quotes?

No comments: