Sunday, May 12, 2019

For Mother's Day


A few years ago, I gave The Hubs and Buddy Roller some specific instructions on what I wanted for Mother's Day...


I wanted a bar necklace, and I told them they could choose whichever one they wanted. But there were two conditions. One, the necklace had to be silver, and two, it had to be adjustable, so I could wear it at 16 or 18 inches.  What I got was more than I could have imagined!

They didn't just get me any necklace. They got me a personalized one..."Mommy Roller" was engraved on one side, and on the other side "Daa Mommy," a term of endearment used by Buddy Roller. It is a gift I will treasure forever (I'm wearing it in the photo!).

I'd been "eyeing" these Alex and Ani bracelets recently.  They're so delicate and pretty, and I love the sound they make and the way the charms dangle and move while on the hand. I thought they would make a great gift this year. So again, I told the boys what I wanted. I gave them some ideas, but they just had to choose them. Two conditions again. One, they had to be a silver finish, and two, they couldn't get me anything with hearts!

And again. I was pleasantly surprised! Even though I knew I was getting the bracelets, my anticipation grew because I didn't know the exact ones I'd be receiving. The jewelry came beautifully packaged, and each bangle came with a card and words of inspiration. This company definitely knows how to market to women! I received this one and this one.

What I've realized over the years is guys need instructions. They don't know what women want. And if we don't want to be disappointed, we have to ask for what we want. 

Now if I can only get this right on my birthday. That's another story...

No comments: