Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Sweet Change


The work week is just too predictable.
And it's rush...rush...rush.
The alarm clock goes off, and if you're like me, the snooze button will be pushed at least twice...just to get five extra minutes.
I wake up and in the midst of getting dressed, I try to get Buddy Roller up and dressed too.
I'm not even going to tell you the rigmarole it takes to get him up and out of bed (that's a whole other blog entry).
Then it's breakfast and rushing through the door, fighting traffic, taking Buddy Roller to school, and then hoping I will not be late again.
And evenings are no different; it seems we're just rushing to get to tomorrow, only to do it all over again!
By day four of the work week, I'm flat out exhausted and sick of the monotony.
But today I resisted the routine and gladly welcomed a refreshing change to the typical work week.
It was the perfect evening for an impromptu trip to a strawberry farm.
The sky was blue, not a cloud in sight, and there was a cool light breeze.
It wasn't too hot, nor too cold.
It was just right for picking sweet and juicy strawberries with a special little someone.









Change is good. 
Sometimes that's all you need to get you through to the end of the week.

No comments: