Friday, April 22, 2016

Collecting Moments 3


It has been one hellacious week! Have you ever had one of those?

I felt like Alexander because I had a, "horrible, terrible, no good, very bad" week, in more ways than one...



It didn't help that both The Hubs and Buddy Roller were sick all week. And if that weren't enough, Georgia Milestones Assessments started this week. I dread these high stakes tests...here's what I wrote about them last year. Anyways, all of the above triggered a lot of stress, and I couldn't wait for things to subside.

And then after each day of testing, both teachers and students were just about "over" it. Brains were like hour glasses with no more sand, but thank goodness for coloring! Instead of making the kids do more brain work after testing, we just kept calm and colored. I printed out scores of coloring pages and we all got creative...yup, me too.  And since my classroom walls are so bare and empty (which I hate, but we have to remove everything because of testing), I'm displaying all my students' pages to brighten up my room. Two more days of testing left.


Some weeks are tough. It's like that sometimes.  Even in my world.

No comments: