Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime

Central Connecticut State University - CCSU

Summerour Middle School
First Small Group - Victory World Church

Windsor High School Classmates

Have you ever stopped and thought about how you met the friends in your life? What brought you together? Are the friends in your life...around for a reason? A season? Or a lifetime? Have you kept in touch with all your friends? And if not, what happened? Did circumstances pull you apart? Or did "life" happen? 



This year I've been reflecting a lot on my friendships, and it's taken me on a journey of discovery and realization.  And while I wish some of my friendships would never end, people are in our lives for either a reason, a season, or a lifetime.  You may have heard this before, but as cliche as it sounds...it's so true. People come.  People go. But if we're lucky, the truly special ones manage to stick around come hell or high water

There are friends you've known since childhood and college.

There are friends that you meet at work...throughout the years.






There are the friendships formed with your neighbors.


Special friends you never would have met, had it not been for your spouse or significant other.




And there are friends, who I believe, God put in your life. I call it destiny.



And then there are your lifetime friends...or forever friends...as I like to call them.  They've always been around...a constant in your life. They know you better than you know yourself. You can utter one word, and they know you need a listening ear or some comic relief.  They've been there for the most special occasions in your life, they love you, and support you, even on your darkest day.  And though you may not see them, or talk to them, every day...you never miss a beat once you're reunited. 







There are friends that I thought were lifetime friends, who I always thought would be around.  Only they're not.  And as painful as it is, I have no explanations right now other than friends sometimes drift apart. They do. And sometimes you'll never understand why.  

But then...the season ushers in new friends.  Friendships formed because of your children, and you never know where these new friendships will take you. 





I've met some wonderful girlfriends over the years...each one very special to me. And while some of them were only in my life for a reason, or a season, I treasured the time we had together and hope that some day...one day...our paths will cross again. 

You never know...

No comments: