Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Bedtime and Wake-Up Woes



I've long thought that my son is the only child who...



...stays up late waaay past his bedtime.

Bedtime. Is there even such a thing?  I'm beginning to think that in this case different strokes for different folks really applies to him. Here's why. No matter how early Buddy Roller wakes up, he is still quite awake past his bedtime. Even if he's had a full day with plenty of exercise, he is still quite awake past his bedtime. You may ask, what about his nighttime routine? Well of course we have one. He takes a shower around 8 p.m., reads a book, and still...he has a hard time going to sleep. Just last night we had him do push-ups and sit-ups to help him get to sleep.  And still he complains, I'm not tired.  Most nights he's up reading in his room well after The Hubs and I have gone to bed.

And then in the morning, he has a hard time waking up. I'm tired he moans.  Thank goodness his father deals with him in the morning!  Most other kids I know are up like clockwork before 7 a.m. and asleep by 9 p.m. Every. Day. Not mine.

On the weekend, he would sleep all day if we let him. Because of this, I feel like we are always out of sync with mealtimes when trying to meet up with other friends.  By the time Buddy Roller has had his breakfast, most people are planning what they'll have for lunch! But you know what I realized?  Sometimes, when we're out having a very late lunch, I see other families doing the same. So maybe, just maybe, we are not alone in this.

And...as I publish this post, guess who's still up?!

No comments: