Monday, January 18, 2016

House Rule



New Year. New Rules. Right?

I think Buddy Roller has outgrown time-outs. That's for 4-year-olds.  Now it's time for the big leagues. And that's why we've implemented a new rule in our house...




If there's any whining, pouting or complaining...for any unnecessary reason...you must drop and give me ten.

That's right. Ten push-ups for any of the above. We started yesterday, and I think it's going very well. I think Buddy Roller is learning to think before he acts. This also makes it fun, and because we have talked about the consequences beforehand, the expectation is there, and if you mess up, well...you just have to do those push-ups!

The only problem is, this new house rule doesn't just apply to Roller. It applies to The Hubs. And me too!  Oh boy! I better be careful...push-ups are not my thing.

No comments: