Sunday, June 7, 2020

Summer Reading List for 2020


Last week when the library finally reopened (for pickup on holds!) I grabbed my first stack of summer reading books...



I chose well! I've already read two books, and I couldn't be happier with my selections so far. 

The first book, Dear Edward, is about a young boy who is the sole survivor of a plane crash. After losing his parents and brother and then having to move in with his aunt and uncle, Edward has a difficult time (understandably so!) overcoming the tragedy. But with the help of a very special friend, he learns to find purpose for living in the midst of the unthinkable. This is a great read, and I highly recommend.  


The second book I've read is One Day in December. This reminds me of Emily Giffin's book, Something Borrowed, but way better! The story goes like this. Girl on a bus sees boy on the sidewalk. They don't speak but stare at each other. Bus drives away. Girl feels an instant connection and tries for a whole year to find said boy. No luck! Boy then shows up in her life, one year later, but as her best friend's new boyfriend!!! The story follows the next decade as Laurie and Jack navigate through life's ups and downs. What I love about this book is it's told from each of their perspectives which is brilliant! The book is sweet, charming and a must read this summer!


In addition to my stack of books, I also have my eyes on these books and hope to read them this summer or later -

Red at the Bone

My Husband's Wife

Between the World and Me

Untamed

My Dark Vanessa

Such a Fun Age

Happy reading!

No comments: