Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Everything



The Hubs is away for five days.
Five whole days and four nights!!!
That's a whole lot of time.
He's not away from us that much, so I shouldn't complain at all, but I MISS him...





It's true that I miss him because he makes me feel safe.
He's my security blanket. When he covers me with his love and warmth, all my worries go away.
So when he's away, I feel vulnerable in this house.
Alone. With Buddy Roller.
I don't feel secure, I don't sleep well, my imagination runs wild.


But aside from all that, I miss him because he's such a big part of my life.
Our lives.
It's true that you don't realize how much you take someone for granted until they're not around.
And it's clear I've taken The Hubs for granted.
I need to do a better job of showing him and telling him how much I appreciate him WHEN he is home as opposed to out of town.


We've been married for over a decade. 
I remember our wedding day in Jamaica with the sun setting behind us as if it were yesterday. 
We were young, and we were doing life together.
And now 12 years later, I have a best friend and life partner who I am proud to stand next to.
I've watched this man build his dream business with his bare hands. 
With hard work and sacrifice. 
And it's paying off. 
Finally.
He's my souljah.
He's an awesome father.
He's an incredible provider.
He's the guy I came in with.
He's my first, my last, my everything.

No comments: