Friday, May 30, 2014

I Don't Want To...



I was feeling spontaneous today.
It was just one of those days.

Buddy Roller and I were riding around.
It was lunch time, and we were both hungry.
I decided to try one of those Korean barbeque places, one of several over in the Duluth area.
Why? Because I wanted to. I had wanted to for quite some time.
But if you have a four year old, I'd bet money you've been through this experience before.

"Mommy, I don't want to. I don't want to go there," he whined.
"I want Subway. I want Panda Express," he continued.
"I don't like it there," he grumbled.

He's been doing this a lot lately.
Already shutting down an idea without even giving it a try first.

I was determined to teach him a lesson.

We walked into the restaurant and were quickly seated. Buddy Roller received a kid's coloring page and crayons; he seemed quite content already.

"What's that smell mommy?" he asked.
Yes, I smelled it too. The establishment, or food, had quite a distinct smell.
I was hoping that wouldn't draw more complaints.
It didn't.
He was just curious it turns out.


I ordered safely since it was our first time.
Teriyaki chicken lunch box for me and steamed dumplings for Buddy Roller.
Before our meals came out, we were served some hot soup and several other little plates of appetizers, I'm assuming.


And guess who dove right in FIRST?


And guess who couldn't stop eating?
And guess who pretty much ate HALF of my meal?

And guess who kept asking for more?
And guess who wants to go back again?


Shaking my head! :-)

Lesson learned.

No comments: