Sunday, December 27, 2015

My Favorite Holiday Movies

The holidays with Chica



As I'm enjoying this holiday break with family, with no schedules and no alarm clocks, I'm also taking some time to watch movies I've seen again and again.  Some are family favorites, others are classics, and one new film is sure to become a tradition.

Here's my list of favorite holiday movies...




The hills are alive with the sound of music....

I've been watching The Sound of Music for as long as I can remember. I know every word to every song. This is a classic that will surely live on, and never get old!




Home Alone and Home Alone 2 are quickly becoming Buddy Roller's favorite movies during the holidays. He cracks up laughing every time and wants to see these movies again and again. And again!

Elf is another family favorite of ours. This movie is so ridiculously silly; you can't help but laugh out loud.


The Peanuts Movie came out this year. It is so adorable, and it will definitely be one of our favorites for many years to come.




Another classic...The Polar Express.  It's a great book to read and a great movie to watch during the holidays.

And now movies for the grown ups.


I love The Holiday! If I happen to be channel surfing and come across this movie, I have to stop and watch it. Delightful. That's how I would describe it.


The Family Stone....I watched this movie again today.  I've lost track of how many times I've seen this one.  And no matter how many times I've seen it...I still laugh and cry as if I've seen it for the first time. Love. Love this one.

And finally...I've saved the best for last.


The Sex and the City movie! I also watched this movie again the other night. It never gets old for me. I've been with these ladies, every step of the way, during their hit show on HBO for six whole seasons.  I gathered up a group of my girlfriends, and we all went to see the movie when it first came out. And even though I've seen this movie a million times, I always cry at the end. The movie has its highs and lows, but at the end...it's just a feel good movie.

What are your favorite holiday movies?

No comments: