Sunday, April 7, 2019

What If?


I started this blog in 2014, and while I'm proud of it, it's been tormenting me that I haven't been blogging consistently.  So I've come up with a plan...




Looking back, I wrote and published over a hundred blog posts for each year in 2014, 2015 and 2016. In 2017, I wrote 31 posts and last year...only 29! This is not good!!! If things continue this way...okay I cannot allow this to happen.

The thing is I've written and published over 450 posts in all, but I have over a hundred drafts of posts that I've started but have not actually finished. I have so many ideas of things and topics I want to write about, but somehow I talk myself out of writing them. Sometimes I think I'm not a good enough writer, and other times life just gets in the way.

So here's what I've realized. I've read other blogs and I sometimes think, I can do that! I am good enough. And yes, the only way I can get better is to keep writing! Life will happen and will get in the way if I let it, so that just means I will have to make and keep a schedule for writing.

So...what if? What if I finish all the drafts I've started and publish them? What if I keep and maintain a schedule for writing? What if?

2 comments:

Jason Smith said...

You've got support from at least one loyal reader :)

It's always nice to see the "new post" messages in my inbox and check in on the fam.

Chalkboard Memoirs said...

Awww thanks for the support Jason. You plus my two other loyal readers make THREE total :-)