Tuesday, March 17, 2020

How Are You Coping?


How are you doing?



Life's pretty uncertain and unpredictable right now. Schools are closed, businesses are closed, you can't find toilet paper, flour and bread at the grocery store, and we (well most people I know) are trying to keep our distance.

It is hard.

I miss my routine of being around lots of adults and children. I miss waking up with a purpose. I've been home since Friday, and I'm already starting to feel the walls close in. Like most of you, I wonder when this will all end. When we can get back to normal, go back to work, and eat-out again. The news makes me more anxious and scared. Sometimes I feel like this isn't happening. It seems so unreal.

And then I try to look at things from a different perspective. This new normal has some benefits. Staying home with family gives us the added bonus of reconnecting and bonding, making new memories, spending more quality time together. This new normal gives us a chance to slow down and rest. I find myself reading more books, watching more movies, having more phone conversations with friends and family. I find myself cooking more.

And while there is much negativity in the news...people fighting over groceries or being unkind...there are also many stories of goodness and kindness. There are people making a difference and trying to find solutions in the midst of all this chaos. That's the human spirit.

I hope you're doing okay.  Hang in there!

No comments: