Wednesday, March 3, 2021

A Cold Shower to Start the Day


This morning I took an invigorating, icy cold, laugh out loud (!!!) cold shower....


Don't get me wrong. This was not by choice!

The story really began several months ago when we had no hot water in the house. The Hubs called our maintenance plumber guy, and he came later that day. He asked me to back my car out of the garage, so that he could get to the water heater. He unscrewed the panel on the heater and magically hit a button. Right away, it turned on and started to do its thing. It literally took him minutes to fix it. He said it just needed to "reset."

Fast forward a few months later. I was about to take a shower when I noticed the water wasn't getting hot. Hmmmm, how did that guy fix this again? I thought to myself. I felt empowered since The Hubs wasn't home. I can fix this, I told myself. A few minutes later, after watching a YouTube video, I found the right screw driver, backed the car out of the garage, got my ladder (I couldn't reach the panel without it), and set out to solve this issue...on my own. I did it!!! I felt so proud of myself. 

Now back to this morning. I knew the water heater was acting up again because the water was sooo cold, but due to time and getting ready for work...I had a brilliant idea. Just take a cold shower. It can't be that bad! So I did. 

Let me tell you...I wet my rag and stood just outside the downpour of water, lathering up the suds. The water was frigid!!! I quickly soaped up and then willed myself to get under the icefall. I hesitated, then remembered I wanted to get to work early. I literally jumped under the water and between prancing and shrills and loud laughter and squeals, I quickly managed to wash all the soap away. It was exhilarating! I turned off the shower, grabbed a towel and immediately started to dry off.  My towel, though room temperature, felt very warm like it was just taken out of the dryer.  I guess it felt this way in contrast to the icy shower I had just taken. 

Of course I woke up The Hubs with my noise and laughter. I am a comedy show!!! But what a thrilling  morning. Cold showers aren't so bad!

No comments: