Saturday, March 6, 2021

Book Recommendations for Young Adults



My son doesn't know it yet, but I've reserved two books for him to add to his reading collection...

I am not a big fan of the genre fantasy (sorry!). My son has tried unsuccessfully for me to read the Harry Potter series. I tried, but it's just not for me.

But this book, although fantasy, is sooo good. It's well written, a page-turner and it's funny! Each chapter leaves me wanting more, and it's hard for me to put it down.

I also read a chapter to my students for First Chapter Friday, and they loved it! Some have already put it on hold at our media center. This makes my heart smile. Really. I've put it on hold, plus book two, for both my son and me to read!

So, here are 20 book recommendations for young adults. These are a combination of books my son loves, books I've read and a few I want to read.

  1. Charlie Hernández & the League of Shadows - Book 1
  2. Charlie Hernández & the Castle of Bones - Book 2
  3. The Traitor's Game
  4. The Deceiver's Heart
  5. The Warrior's Curse
  6. Mark of the Thief
  7. Rise of the Wolf
  8. Wrath of the Storm
  9. Restart
  10. Ghost
  11. Harbor Me
  12. The Crossover
  13. Rebound
  14. Lost Boys
  15. The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl
  16. Fish in a Tree
  17. Amal Unbound
  18. Dear Martin
  19. One for the Murphys
  20. Because of Mr. Terupt

No comments: