Tuesday, August 5, 2014

First Day Blues


If you live or teach in Gwinnett County, today was the first day back to school.

So for me it was a double whammy because not only was I expecting my new kids today, but I was also sending my own off to kindergarten.

As a parent, where do you stand on this marked occasion?

Do you gladly send your kid off to school, excited for this joyous and coming of age experience?

Or do you cry like a baby worrying if your child will be okay, wondering how the heck time flew so fast!

For me, it was totally the latter.

I tried to hold it together really well when I dropped him off today.

I hugged Buddy Roller a little too long, and got out of there before the water works started.

And then I cried.

When I got in the car.

All the way to my school!

Yes sir.

I did.

Why these emotions?

Can anyone else out there relate to this?

I would sure like to hear from you.

Because later that day when I told The Hubs I had cried, he just looked at me.

He didn't get it.

Anyways I was so happy for the distraction that work brought me today.

I was so busy with the first day of school, I didn't have time to dwell on my emotions with Buddy Roller starting school.

And as fate would have it, he enjoyed his first day in kindergarten.

He says he can't wait to go back!

We ended the long day as a family getting dinner and then finishing that off with a frozen treat.

One of Buddy Roller's all time simple yet ultimate endings.

A scoop of good old vanilla ice-cream with a dollop of whip cream.


No comments: