Wednesday, August 6, 2014

This Is Why


This is why.

This is the reason I quit journalism and the corporate world several years ago and decided to make a difference.

This is the reason I teach.

I received the sweetest note today from one of my students.

I didn't expect it.

But I was happy to receive it.

This is a tough job.

And it doesn't pay nearly as much as it should.

But it's reasons like this that make me happy and PROUD to be a teacher.

It's only the second day of school and this student wrote me a note and handed it to me as she was walking out of my classroom.

It made me smile.

It reads,

Dear Ms. Cooke,
You are so nice and pretty.
I like the way you talk in front of the class with lots of energy.
You make my day.  Thank you for being a great teacher.

You know what?

She made my day.

Happy hump day!

No comments: