Thursday, September 25, 2014

Chalk Talk Thursdays - Fear Not


Today I and 30 other teacher leaders got to leave our classrooms and have a ton of FUN!


We met at Perimeter Church in Johns Creek and worked on some team building activities. It was a perfect day, and the weather was just right. 



After getting into three small groups, we had a chance to talk, and connect, and laugh! Once our group activities were over, the real fun began with a ropes course.



I was a little fearful this morning about our planned activities. I am not a thrill seeker by any means. There was talk of a zip line that was so high off the ground, it made me nervous! Luckily, there was no zip lining today, and by late morning I had worked up enough nerve to tackle this course. 







I was proud of myself.  I made it all the way to the top, and that's a big deal for me especially since I'm afraid of heights. That's the thing about fear. Sometimes by giving into our FEARS, we talk ourselves out of  opportunities we can grow from. 


The ride down was way easier.


The next time we do this...I will challenge myself and do the zip line! I really enjoyed today, and I'm even happier I didn't let my fears hold me back. I'm totally looking forward to doing this again!

No comments: