Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Big Little Lies and 73 Questions



This book!  I enjoyed it when I read it two years ago, so imagine my delight when it was made for television.  Even though the HBO series ended last week, I still cannot stop thinking about it. The characters were authentic, raw and refreshing yet funny and disturbing all at the same time. As the title implies, there are some big little lies and secrets among a group of moms that ultimately end in murder, but an unbreakable bond formed amidst one of the biggest secrets will leave you thinking long after the ending...





Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon did an amazing job. So much so, that I started watching every interview, on YouTube, I could find of them promoting their show.  That's when I serendipitously came across Vogue's 73 Questions. Have you seen it? Basically, celebrities are filmed in one single shot answering 73 questions on just about anything. You get to learn more about them, and often times they are filmed at home, so you get a chance to see their digs up close and personal. I had so much fun binge watching episodes featuring Reese, Nicole, and Sarah Jessica Parker that I decided to give it a try.

Here are my answers to Vogue's 73 Questions (with a few tweaks)...

1. What’s your favorite movie?
Sex and the City.

2. Favorite movie in the past five years?
Brown Sugar.

3. Favorite Hitchcock film?
I hate scary movies.

4. A book you plan on reading?
The Girl Before.

5. What is something you are obsessed with?
Washing my hands.

6. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
Fixer Upper or Flip or Flop.

7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
Eight.

8. iPhone or Android?
Android.

9. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram.

10. What is your favorite way to waste time?
People watch.

11. What’s your favorite food?
It would be a sin to name just one!

12. Least favorite food?
Okra.

13. What do you love on your pizza?
Cheese.

14. Favorite drink?
Water.

15. Favorite dessert?
Is "all" an answer?

16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk.

17. Coffee or tea?
Tea with cream.

18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Being a working mom.

19. If you opened a business, what kind of business would it be?
It would be a nail salon, coffee shop and bookstore all in one...a place for women to gather and gab.

20. Favorite solo artist?
Whitney Houston.

21. Favorite song?
Just the Way You Are.

22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
John Legend.

23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
The piano.

24. Are you a very organized person?
I think so.

25. To be or not to be?
To be!

26. Dogs or cats?
Dogs.

27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Whale-watching as long as I'm at an aquarium.

28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
My son.

29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
My son.

30. Last gift you gave a friend?
She hasn't received it yet, so I can't say.

31. What’s your favorite board game?
The Settlers of Catan.

32. Have you ever spoke in front of a large group of people? How did it go?
Yes and it was terrible. I was a teenager, and I forgot what I had planned to say!

33. What’s the last country you visited?
Jamaica.

34. What country do you wish to visit?
Italy.

35. What’s your favorite color?
Blue.

36. Least favorite color?
Green.

37. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds!

38. Heels or flats?
Depends on the occasion.

39. What is the most annoying habit someone can have?
Not listening during a conversation.

40. Jogging or swimming?
Swimming.

41. Best way to de-stress?
Go for a run.

42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
I would be invisible.

43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Discombobulate.

44. What’s your favorite flower?
Hydrangea.

45. When was the last time you cried?
Last week.

46. Where is the most beautiful place you have been?
Magens Bay in St. Thomas.

47. What makes you nervous?
Amusement park rides.

48. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My increasing grey hairs!

49. What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
I'm a good listener.

50. Who do you miss most?
My mom.

51. What are you listening to right now?
NBA TV...I live with two dudes and I'm outnumbered.

52. Favorite smell?
Fresh cut grass.

53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
The Hubs.

54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
The mother of one of my students.

55. What weird or useless talent do you have?
I can pick things up with my toes.

56. Hair color?
Brown.

57. Eye color?
Brown.

58. Scary film or happy endings?
Most definitely happy endings.

59. Favorite season?
Summer.

60. If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which one would you bring back?
Parenthood.

61. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs.

62. What do you think about reality TV? Why is it so popular?
It's my guilty pleasure. It's popular because never before could we see the inside lives of people. It's both fascinating and disturbing, at times. The insanity draws people in.

63. Where were you born?
Jamaica.

64. What was the best birthday wish or gift you’ve ever received?
The best gift was when The Hubs secretly flew in my best friend for my birthday weekend. It was a total surprise. He got me good!

65. Sweet or savory?
Savory.

66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Both.

67. What book have you read again and again?
The Bible.

68. What cartoons did you watch as a child?
The Flintstones and The Jetsons.

69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Living to Eat.

70. Favorite sound?
My son's laughter.

71. Favorite animal?
Beluga whale.

72. Who is your girl crush?
Currently...Chrissy Teigen.

73. Last photograph you took?
Steak and shrimp tacos I made.

No comments: