Sunday, July 23, 2017

Do You Make Lists?


Do you make lists? I do, and I have a list for almost everything...


I think the advent of technology had me making lists. In this age of fast moving information, all the time, I had to make lists to keep up with myself. I downloaded two apps on my phone (because one was obviously not enough!)...ColorNote and Out of Milk to keep my over-thinker self even more busy!

I have a list for the grocery store, and I also have a list for Sam's Club for those bulk items you can't get at the grocery store. I have a list for back to school shopping I do for my classroom and my students who can't afford their own supplies.  I have a long list (it keeps growing) of books I want to read, I have a bucket list, a "to-do" list, a list of things to do in the summer with Buddy Roller, and for things to do in the fall and winter!  A list of birthday party ideas for Buddy Roller, a list of good restaurants, places to travel, an awesome list of what to pack when we travel (best list EVER!) so that I can keep my over-thinker self sane.  A list of movies I want to see, recipes I want to try, several lists of gifts for the people in my life, and a list of quotes I love.

There's also a list I keep of my medical history, my husband's and my son's. A list of ideas to blog about, a list of conversation starters, a list of Christmas gifts, things I want to research, a list of teacher things I have to do during the first week of school, a list of school lunch ideas for Buddy Roller, and I also found a list of the 30 NBA Teams...because once The Hubs and Buddy Roller were trying to list them all!

I seriously have even more lists, but I'll stop here because I think you get the point. Don't judge me!

What does that say about me? The fact that I make so many lists. Does that mean I'm a planner, too detailed, or just plain crazy!

No matter the answer, lists do keep me organized, they are a part of who I've become, and until life slows down...I think I'll keep making them.

No comments: