Tuesday, July 11, 2017

My Current Obsession


A few years ago it was the hobo. Last year was the crossbody. But now I've moved on, and I admit it, I'm totally obsessed with the backpack...




And by backpack I don't mean those big "school" bags that students carry around weighed down with several textbooks and such. I'm taking about those girlish, stylish, chic bags that can be seen almost everywhere you go. Have you been taking notice?

They come in all sizes, colors and styles. Some are casual and laid back (inexpensive) while the designer ones are more dressed up and you guessed it, pricey.  I've been obsessed with this one, but as luck would have it, it's no longer available in a neutral color I love.

Skydeck Chicago

We just returned from spending a few days in Chicago, and I swear, almost every woman (tourists and locals) was seen with one slung across her back. I love the versatility of this type of bag. You can wear it with one strap slung over your shoulder, the traditional way across your back to equally distribute the weight, or you can even hold it as most of them come with a handle for that option.

I bought this one, and took it on our trip to the Windy City. I agree that it's not a style I would typically go for. It's kind of "young" and "silly," but it makes me smile every time I look at it, and sometimes...just sometimes...I want to defy what people think and expect of me and just shock them! It was perfect and comfortable for our trip as we did a lot of walking and sightseeing. It will most likely become my "playful" summer "mommy" bag.

I'm still on the hunt for a more "practical" one, but with so many styles to choose from, I know I'll find the perfect one. Like shoes, a woman can never have too many bags!

No comments: