Thursday, July 13, 2017

My Dream Reading Space

Outdoor Reading Nook
Recently, a reader asked me about my ideal reading space.  I realized, that until today, I'd never seriously given it much thought.  I can read almost anywhere (as long as it's relatively quiet), and as long as it's a good book, I can easily get lost in it.  Most nights I end my day in bed reading, sometimes into the wee hours of the morning if the book is really good.

So.  If I had to create my ideal reading space, here are my must haves...





  1. I would go for a reading nook rather than a reading room. I love this nook, and this one.
  2. End tables instead of book shelves. My younger self would have loved to store books from ceiling to floor on bookshelves, but my older wiser self believes less is more. And besides, most of my books are borrowed. Not bought. Check out these cool tables from Arhaus that could be used to stack my books along with a vase of my favorites flowers, hydrangeas.  This one, or this one, would go great alongside my next must have.
  3. A comfy and cozy chair, with a footstool, preferably by a big window to let the natural sunlight in. This one looks lived-in and uber cozy!
  4. Plush reading pillows soft as a baby's skin and a fleece throw for those frigid winter nights when I just want to fall asleep with a good book.
  5. A floor lamp, in my reading nook, for those nights when I just cannot put my book down, would go great right next to my reading chair. Arhaus also offers several options for lighting your favorite room or nook. Check out their lighting options here.  I've actually been dreaming of a pair of these for my bedroom. 
  6. Finally, pictures of my family on my end table and inspirational quotes on the wall will be the finishing touches in completing my dream reading space.
Check out this cool reading corner for a child.

Reading Corner
If you could design your own reading space, what would it look like? 

No comments: