Friday, July 28, 2017

Update on My Summer Reading



I've been really pleased with my book choices this summer, and I wanted to give you a little update on the news ones I've read recently...



After reading some heavy reads like Small Great Things and The Hate U Give that I posted about here, I was ready for some light summer reads. Don't get me wrong, those books were great and real, but sometimes I want to escape from reality and travel to a faraway, exotic place through the pages of my summer reads.


Take a trip to Mallorca, Spain through the pages of Emma Straub's, The Vacationers, for a light and beachy read! The Posts are supposed to be celebrating a milestone anniversary, and life's other highs, but over a two week period, secrets, jealousies and a huge mistake threaten to break apart this family. I loved reading this one, so much so that I will be reading other books by this author!


Jenna Evans Welch's, Love and Gelato is a sweet young adult novel. I found  myself smiling many times during this book set in Tuscany.  Lina is spending the summer in Italy, not her choice, to meet her father for the first time, and after losing her mother to a terminal illness! During her stay, Lina falls in love with Italy, gelato, and other things (smile!), and makes some discoveries that will change her life. I totally recommend this one!

I also snagged these two books below and hope to read them before the school year gets in full swing.




And...after vowing to only read some light books for the rest of the summer, I had to read Paula Hawkins', Into the Water! It was on hold for me at the library (like forever!), and just recently became available. I had to do it. I'm not even halfway through this novel that is filled with "psychological suspense," and I'm hooked!


Hope you're enjoying your summer, and happy reading!

No comments: