Sunday, August 25, 2019

On Rereading Books


Do you reread books? This summer, after reading books that were just meh for my standards, I reread one of the best books ever written.



I was heading to the pool for a swim when I decided to peruse the Little Free Library that stands between the parking lot and the path to the swimming area. The Kite Runner was just sitting there among several other books, waiting to get into some eager hands.  Wow I love this book! I thought to myself. Could I possibly reread it since there was nothing exciting in the horizon on my reading list? I had read it maybe two decades before and a heavy feeling came over me. This book certainly carried with it a heavy load in terms of what the people in Afghanistan have had to endure with numerous wars and the injustices of human rights. But still, at its core...this book...has such an inspirational and universal message.

It took me a whole five seconds to decide. I would reread it.

I flew through the pages. Some events I forgot.  Some, I could not. Would not. But what struck me, again, is that this book is one of the best books ever written, and I think everyone should read it.

Have you read it?

Have you ever reread a book?

No comments: