Tuesday, January 5, 2021

What I Want in 2021

 

For the past few years, I've done a "What I Want" or "More of This" post for the new year...

Since I'm not that big on resolutions (because I really can't say no to donuts), I like the idea of having a small "goal" or setting an intention for the year. What's even better is choosing one word as the focus.

So here are two things I want to continue to do in 2021.

First. I choose one word that really sums up what I want to focus on for short periods of time. I may choose a new word every few months or keep that one word for a whole year.  I usually make the word my password that I use everyday at work.  This way, I'm constantly reminded to embody that word. For example, last year's words were adventure (wow 2020 truly was one!), courage and fearless. A reminder to me, to always enjoy the ride and try to be brave. So, each day, as I type my password, I'm gently reminded about my intention and word. Of course I'll add numbers, symbols or a capital letter to make sure the password is secure. This year's word has to do with writing and doing more of the things that bring me joy. 

Two. Whatever my word, intention or goal is, I'll save a picture of it, on my phone's home screen, as another gentle reminder, . Right now I'm trying out intermittent fasting and doing some really quick exercises each day which include sit-ups, crunches, lunges, squats, butt kicks, push ups, planks, jumping jacks...you get the idea. Every time I need to use my phone, the picture on my home screen reminds me of my goal. It works!

These two little big things give me the nudge I need to stay on course. 

No comments: