Sunday, February 6, 2022

Oh the Names I Have!

Sometimes when my work and private lives collide, people are surprised that I go by more than one name...

If you've known me for a long time, you'll know I go by many names. There's Alicia, my legal name. Read this post for how I feel about my name being mispronounced again and again. Then there's Lisa, my childhood name. 

There's also Minelle which my mom calls me.  Yes, after the singer, actress and dancer, Liza Minelle. Why? Because my mom's friend dubbed me Liza when I was a little girl and the name stuck.

My son, Buddy Roller, uses a myriad of "mama" and "mom" names, and The Hubs calls me Punkin and Poonge. My sister calls me Chica which I love, and I call her Chica too. I also go by Didley, a name given to me by my mother-in-law. 

My best friend uses Lisa most of the time. She also calls me Sa, and she'll also use Alicia from time to time which I adore because she makes my name sound beautiful. Lately, I've demanded that she refer to me only as Queen! Another good friend of mine fondly named me Cult Jam, you know from Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam. I LOVE that name!

Often times, when my work friends become my close friends, it takes them a minute to make the switch from Alicia to Lisa. Sometimes they don't, and it remains Alicia at work and Lisa at home. One friend was right when she said I was complicated (LOL). 

Do you go by more than one name?

No comments: