Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Family That Paints Together...

Before
















It's been a while since I posted anything, and I really have missed writing.

I can't believe two weeks have flown by since the kids have been in school.

That's the thing I love about teaching....time sure does fly!

But while time flies, it seems I have less time to do some of the things I love which includes writing.

This weekend, though, I did something that I enjoyed.

And it surprised me.




I helped The Hubs paint our deck!



Even Buddy Roller helped out.

We swept, and we prepped.


We taped, and we sprayed.

Spray painted...that is.

We borrowed a paint gun from our friends, The Smiths, who are home improvement gurus.

Once The Hubs made me try it, I didn't want to let go!



We spent most of the evening at work and were really pleased with the end result.

After



Once the paint dries in 24 hours, we will really start enjoying our outdoor space.

And this family that paints together....will stay together!

I can't wait to start the next project.

4 comments:

Jason Smith said...

Nice job guys! Once that DIY bug bites you, it's hard to go back. Looking forward to working together on the next one. :)

Chalkboard Memoirs said...

Jason, you were right! Power tools are the best. Now I see why it's hard to stop once you start.

Anita said...

Looks good Lisa!

Chalkboard Memoirs said...

Thanks Anita ;-)