Sunday, January 23, 2022

This Birthday

 

For the past several years, I dreaded my birthday, but this year was so much different...

This time, I had a plan. I went for it, and I didn't talk myself out of anything. I took the day off on Friday and met my sister. We had lunch and got our nails done.

Friday night, I found a delicious tapas restaurant. We sampled many small plates from Under the Cork Tree,  but my favorites were the mussels and this date cake. Oh my gosh!!!



On Saturday night, I invited four girlfriends to go dancing.  At the last minute, I started getting anxious. Would they all get along? Would this night be a big fail or a success? Turns out, all the worrying was for nothing. We all got along, and it was a blast!


Year 48, you've been great so far. I can't wait to see what the next 11 months will bring. Here's to saying YES to new experiences AND getting out of my own way!

No comments: