Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Why Januarys Are Hard

 

For the past several years, I've struggled through my birthday month...


I've been indecisive. Sad. Moody. Glum.  I've not wanted to celebrate. And I don't know how to celebrate. I want a party. Then I don't. I want people to make it a big deal. Then I don't. 

I'm complicated, right?

My birthday comes just three weeks after the New Year. And it feels like such a low coming after such a high from the holidays which are so merry and festive. 

My Dad was also born in January, and his funeral was just last January. So it's no wonder that this year, even more, I've not looked forward to celebrating. What's even more ironic is that my birthdays, as a child growing up, were always a celebration with a cake, party and friends. My mom always made it a big deal. 

Whatever the reasons are for my January blues, I'm so happy this month is almost over. Looking forward to brighter and happier days. 

No comments: