Saturday, July 26, 2014

"Yes" Girl


Recently while getting a pedicure at the nail salon, I came across an article on actress Mila Kunis in the July issue of Marie Claire magazine.

In the article, Mila shared a tradition she started with a friend of hers on New Year's Eve.

Instead of making resolutions, that only get broken anyway, Mila and her friend decided to pick a single word that wold inform all the choices and decisions they would have to make for the next 12 months.

They decided on the word YES



Mila found that saying the word yes, to any opportunity no mater how crazy it sounded, opened up many doors for her.

Imagine that!

Because she often said no, she may have missed many moments that could have made a positive difference in her life.

I really enjoyed reading the article, and it made me reflect on my own life.



How many times have I passed up a challenge, that chance to do something different in my life, because I was just a little too afraid?

The answer is many times!!!

What if I had said yes a little more?

And I don't mean saying yes to crazy stuff like jumping out of a plane or bungee jumping.

But saying yes to some things that could have stretched my growth muscles a bit and given me the chance to mature and improve as a person.

What about you?

What are you afraid of doing?

Taking that promotion?

Moving out of state?

Trying a new career? 

Tackling something new?

Don't let fear hold you back.

You may be holding yourself back from receiving a blessing.



So the next time opportunity comes knocking, really think about your answer.

Saying yes just may open up a door, or two, for you.

No comments: