Thursday, January 21, 2016

When You Share a Birthday

Chica (left) and me (right)

Every birthday I think of her. I know it's because I was born on her second birthday. So...for as long as I've been alive, my special day has always been hers too.

Growing up, we shared birthday parties, and you know what? That never bothered me. In fact, it was all we knew.

So on this my 42nd birthday, it's no surprise the first person I think about...is her.  My sister. Growing up, we were close. During our teens, we fought. As adults, it seems we've managed to accept each other...for who we are.

This past weekend, I attended a baby shower for one of my dear friends. During her shower, she thanked her sister and told her she was her favorite sister (even though she's her only sister).  I loved what she said about her sister. It was sweet, and it was the truth.

So. Happy birthday Chica! You are my most favorite sister.



No comments: