Sunday, May 17, 2015

Teacher Tired, Facials and Random Kindness



I have a secret.

All these years, I've heard women talk about them, and I've secretly wanted to have one.  But I never did. Until this weekend.

I had my first ever facial at 41 years old. Now I understand what all the rave's about! A colleague of mine recommended Natural Body Spa and Shop, and she was right on.  I had the best experience, and I'm definitely going back.  Again and again. The best part of a facial is...it's so peaceful and relaxing, and the worst part...it ends! Too quickly LOL. At the end of my facial, I was wishing the esthetician would just leave me to sleep...for an hour.  It's just the perfect setting for a restful sleep.  Don't you think? Spas really need to consider doing that!

After the week I had, a facial was just what I needed. Which brings me to this.  There's no tired like teacher tired. None. And if you're a teacher, you know what I mean. One day this week, I literally came home, laid on the couch, and fell asleep! For real. There's something about the end of the school year that just wears a teacher out. Seriously.

I also lost a check this week.  It was supposed to be deposited at the bank, but I guess with such a busy week, I didn't even know it was misplaced.  That is, until it showed up in the mail.  A good  Samaritan found my check, took the time to draft a letter to me about where it was found, and sent it to me.  Isn't that just awesome! It's really nice to know there's still good in this world.  A random act of kindness.  I will be paying that one forward.  Ten fold.

Only. Five. More. Days. To. Go.

No comments: