Monday, November 24, 2014

Being a Teacher's Son


Now that I'm off from work for a whole week, I've had a little more free time with Buddy Roller, and we've been reading and writing a bit more than we normally do. First he reads a book of his choice, next he tells me what happened in the story from beginning to end, and then he writes about the story in his journal.  Today's book was Maybe A Bear Ate It! 


Today we also worked on telling the time by reading a clock, and we worked on counting coins and dollars. Grandma also gave a hand in the counting of the money.



Being the son of a teacher has its perks...I think.  But just ask any of my students and they'll tell you a different story. I once shared with my kids that I had Buddy Roller write 30 sentences about good behavior at school when he had made a poor choice. They thought I had been a little too hard on him and had commented that the worst thing about having a mom as a teacher is...having a mom who teaches language arts!

No comments: