Sunday, February 25, 2018

Three Things about Black Panther


Have you seen the movie, Black Panther? We saw it yesterday, and I found myself thinking about it hours later. Almost like having read a good book and wanting to discuss it with friends. Here are three reasons why...




Set in the fictional African nation of Wakanda, this superhero film follows Black Panther as he returns home after his father's death to claim his new role as king.  With this new burden comes many responsibilities and revelations that threaten to put his life and his people at risk.  Here are three things that stuck with me long after the movie had ended.

One. The cast! And by the cast I don't mean the leading men. Yeah...Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan were a'right, but I'm talking about the beautiful, strong, and powerful female cast! Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong'o, and Letitia Michelle remind me to never stop fighting for what I believe in, never give up, and unity is better than division. These leading ladies had me feeling empowered the whole movie.

Two.  There are many themes throughout the movie including patriotism, loyalty, unity, treason, independence, and so much more.

Three. The memorable quotes. From, "It's hard for a good man to be king," to, "Death is better than bondage," and, "I am loyal to that throne, no matter who sits on it," and then this response, "I save my country."

Go see this movie! It's funny, entertaining and teaches good life lessons. And like Michelle Obama said, "It will inspire people of all backgrounds to dig deep and find the courage to be heroes of their own stories."

No comments: