Monday, February 19, 2018

Conversations with Roller


I haven't done one of these in a while, and especially because he's growing so fast, I'd like to have a record of these moments...



This evening I said to Buddy Roller, "Now that you're getting older, I'd like you to put away your clothes after I've washed and folded the laundry.  So starting tonight, put away your clothes, and then choose what you'd like to wear tomorrow and hang it on your closet door."

He eagerly ran upstairs to do this task. I love that about him. 

"Will I get paid for this?" he asked.

"Ummmm," I thought out loud.  I hadn't expected that response.  "Do I get paid when I cook dinner or wash your clothes?" I asked.

"Kinda."

"How so?"

"I pay you with love."

"Okay...then I'll pay you with love too."

Somehow that answer was good enough. I also noticed that he had taken out his karate clothes, preparing for tomorrow. 

"I love that you're looking ahead to tomorrow. I'm so proud of you. I love you!"

"I love you too." 

This kid makes my heart smile!

No comments: