Saturday, September 26, 2015

Life is Full of Surprises


Life is full of surprises.

Never thought I would love a rainy day,

Never dreamed I would welcome fall as I much as I do,

Never imagined I would love chocolate ice-cream or gelato,

Never knew a cup of coffee, once in a while, would give me a much needed attitude adjustment,

Never thought I would lay awake at night figuring out how to make my kids at school successful,

Never dreamed my students would go through so much pain and hardships at such a young age,

Never imagined I would come this close to seeing cancer ravage my student's life, and take not only her light, but one of her legs too,

Never understood how a mother could abandon her child, but I know well enough not to judge unless I walk in that same mom's shoes,

Never knew how much to appreciate a mother's love and sacrifice until now,

Never dreamed being a mom would fill me with so much love, wonder, patience, adoration, worry, tears, anxiety, impatience, frustration...a wide array of emotions, really,

Never would have imagined that distance would separate me from my own mother,

Never dreamed I would need her so much in my adult life,

Never can understand why we can't be together,

Never imagined I would love chocolate ice-cream or gelato,

Never dreamed I would welcome fall as I much as I do,

And never thought I would welcome a rainy day so much...just for a chance to sleep in late on a Saturday.

Life is full of surprises.

Some highs.

Some lows.

That's just life.

No comments: