Saturday, September 19, 2015

You Know You're a Teacher When...



I'm almost too embarrassed to admit this, but today I chose comfort over cute. And while I type this, I'm both cringing and delighted at the same time.

How could this be?




I went shopping for a new pair of "teacher shoes" today. Yes teacher shoes. I have teacher shoes, and I have teacher clothes.  If you teach, perhaps you can relate.  Anyway, I had to replace an old pair of shoes. I tried on several pairs and then settled on one pair that I just couldn't resist. They were so comfortable! It felt like I was walking on a memory foam pillow...I actually started laughing out loud, right there in the store, in delight. Problem is...they were not at all so cute. Then I kept trying on other better looking shoes, just trying to find a better alternative.

But in the end, I chose comfort over cute. You see, when you're a teacher, and on your feet all day, walking up and down two flights of stairs, several times, each day...you just may go for pleasure rather than misery.  I'll chose comfort over cute. Any day. In my profession.

And that's how you know you're a teacher!

No comments: