Monday, September 14, 2015

Do You Mean "Peculiar"?


I'm turning the tables on Buddy Roller.

I wrote last week about how he's been teaching me a few things, and now I'm giving him a dose of his own medicine...



We read books every night before going to bed, and without even knowing it, Roller has taught me a new trick for getting him to learn new words.

He often starts his sentences with this phrase...

"Mommy there's something weird," or, "There's something really strange."

He does this a lot when he wants to share something random with me that he's figured out in his six-year-old brain.

So now...because I want him to learn the word "peculiar," I say, "Don't you mean peculiar?"

And because I'm saying this a lot, he's getting it.

He starts laughing, he thinks it's fun, and he's learning!

Got him!

No comments: