Sunday, September 13, 2015

I Hope This Feeling Never Dies




I hope this feeling never dies...

This school year, my passion for teaching has been re-ignited.

There's a flame burning that I hope never gets snuffed out.

I'm happy, and I feel like I'm making a difference.

The kids love me, and they look forward to coming to my class.

As a teacher on my team told me, "You're their rock star!"

I feel it too.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm still exhausted at the end of the week.

This is still a tough job.

More parents need to get involved.

Too many kids are still slipping through the education cracks.

But...I'm leaving each day still full of life, energy and promise.

I'm also assisting two other teachers with coaching our girls' running club.

I'm happier and more fulfilled.

And even though I'm at my same Title I school,

Three things are different.

I'm teaching 6th grade, regular ed students...and I don't have a co-teacher.

It's just me and my 6th graders.

The last several years it was 7th graders with a collab teacher.

Change is good.

I hope my flame keeps burning.

This light keeps shining.

I hope this feeling never dies.

No comments: